The timeline below represents the current plan for evaluation and implementation of a new LMS at Duke. It is subject to change. No changes are required for the 2022 – 2023 academic year.
- Fall 2022 – Evaluation of alternative options and selection of the new LMS. Canvas selected to replace Sakai at Duke and DKU.
- Spring 2023 – Implementation and configuration of Canvas by the project team.
- Summer 2023 – A select group of instructors will be invited to use Canvas to teach their summer courses. Training provided to Fall 2023 instructors planning to use Canvas.
- Fall 2023 – Voluntary opt-in for up to 25% of all Duke courses to be hosted in Canvas for the Fall term.
- Spring 2024 – Voluntary opt-out for up to 25% of all Duke courses; at least 75% of all Duke courses to be hosted in Canvas.
- Summer 2024 – Full adoption of Canvas for all courses.
Contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns or feedback. Join our email list (NetID required) to receive updates about the transition.
Last updated December 13, 2022.